Had Lasik 2 months ago still seeing Halo and Starburst

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Had Lasik 2 months ago still seeing Halo and Starburst

Postby Dancing Summer » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:33 am

I have lasik done 2 months ago, and imediately after the surgery I have seen halo and starburst at night. It gets a little bit better after a few weeks, but since then it stay the same, and it doesn't seems to go away. I am happy with the day time vision, but I am scare of driving at night not to mention driving on the freeways seeing a lot of starburst from cars headlight.
I was told that I may have these problem, but it will go away in a few weeks. Does this mean the surgery wasn't sucessful? What if it doesn't go away, so I have to deal with this for the less of my life?

Next month I will have my 3 month post surgery follow up appointment, what should I ask the Doctor?

Any suggestion will be very appreciated
Dancing Summer

Hi

Postby Dancing Summer » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:51 pm

:wink: Glenn,
Can you give me some suggestion or comment are very appreciated. Thank you!
Dancing Summer

Postby aspenice » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:03 am

Dancing,
I am 14 weeks out and still see halos and starbursts alot. Do fret as time goes on they will get better. Keep on healing!
aspenice

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:35 am

You may want to give your doctor's office a call, describe your difficulties, and ask if the temporary use of Alphagan P while you are healing would be appropriate. Alphagan P is a glaucoma medication that reduces the size of the naturally dilated pupils. This can help with Lasik night vision problems.

Halos and starbursts tend to be temporary and resolve with healing, but it can take time, as aspenice can attest.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Starburst and halo

Postby Dancing Summer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi Glenn,
It has been more than a year now, I still seeing halo and starburst. I am nervous and afraid to drive at night. The Doctor did gave me “Alphagan P” , but I found it would not help me with the night vision problems at all.

They did a touch up on my left eye after 6 months, but I found the starburst problem is worst on my left eye than my right. I will have a follow up appointment today, but I don’t know what to ask the Doctor any more. They told me I can ware astigmatism glass at night to help me see better at night, so I will probably going to get the glass and ware at night, which is sad that I have to go back to glass again.
Dancing Summer

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:30 am

It is a very good sign if you can get good quality vision with glasses or contact lenses. Significant starbursting even with corrective lenses indicates something other than simple refractive error, such as dry eyes. Also, some people have minor starbursting without any surgery, so remember to compare to whatever you had before surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It