Trans-Epithel LASEK (Allegretto Q-Eye) CZ Question

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Trans-Epithel LASEK (Allegretto Q-Eye) CZ Question

Postby tomas-smetka » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:20 pm

Hello, I am from the Czech Republic (Europe - the middle part), please excuse me for bad English.

I have myopia (-5.85 and -5.15 DP Dp and 0.5 D cylinder), I want to go to the refractive LASEK procedure, LASIK is a risk (problems with the flap, halo, glare, etc.) with us in the Czech Republic we have 20 clinics 19 of them prefer LASIK no LASEK. I was on the operating examination - the result is here http://img.ocnivady.cz/aberometr/lexum-refrakce.jpg, cornea (pachymetry) is a good eye in the background also good. I do not have high aberration Regulations http://img.ocnivady.cz/aberometr/1.jpg (the slide was bad)

At one clinic (one) offered me Trans-Epithel LASEK, we are still does not, I will be the first patient to undergo this method.

I would me whether you have someone some experience with this method? I am a defendant LASIK method, because mikrokeratom slits in the cornea 2 / 5 - 3 / 5 this is a great intervention. (Many people have failed to) (c. 130-160um).

Clinic uses laser ALLEGRETTO WAVE ™ Eye-Q http://ofta.cz/show.php?page=tech, was approved by the FDA year 2005, you have experience with laser?

Thank you very, please omluvte my bad apologize English, is not actively teach English :)

Czech version. (Please no delete)

Dobrý den, já jsem z české republiky (Evropa - střední část), prosím omluvit mne za bad angličtinu.

Já mám krátkozrakost (-5,85DP a -5,15Dp a 0,5D cylindr), chci jít na refrakční zákrok LASEK, LASIK je velmi rizikový, (problémy s flap, halo, glare apod) u nás v české republice máme 20 klinik z toho 19 jich preferuje LASIK no LASEK. Byl jsem na před operačním vyšetření - výsledek je zde http://img.ocnivady.cz/aberometr/lexum-refrakce.jpg , rohovka (pachymetry) je dobrá, oční pozadí taktéž v dobrá. Nemám aberace vysoký řád ( http://img.ocnivady.cz/aberometr/1.jpg (tento snímek byl špatný))

Na jedné klinice (jako jediné) mi nabídli Trans-Epithel LASEK, u nás se zatím nepoužívá, budu první pacient co to podstoupil tuto metodu.

Zajímalo by mne zdali máte někdo nějaké zkušenosti s touto metodou? Jsem odpůrce LASIK method, protože mikrokeratom řeže rohovku v 2/5 - 3/5 to je velký zásah. (Mnoho lidí si to neuvědomuje) (cca 130-160um).

Klinika používá laser ALLEGRETTO WAVE™ Eye-Q ( http://ofta.cz/show.php?page=tech ), byl schválen FDA rok 2005, máte s laserem zkušenosti?

Děkuji Vám moc, prosím omluvte mou špatnou angličtinu, aktivně se not učím anglicky Otázka
Last edited by tomas-smetka on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomas-smetka

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:59 pm

It is my opinion (I am not a doctor) that PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, and Transepithelial PRK are all essentially the same thing. Studies have shown that all provide virtually the same long-term result. The theoretical advantages have not been proven in reality.

Lasik is preferred by many doctors and patients because it has virtually no pain and a quick visual recovery. Although Lasik flap related complications are relatively rare, a surface ablation technique like PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, or Transepithelial PRK would eliminate the Lasik flap and thereby eliminate any possibility of a Lasik flap complication.

The information you present indicates that any current excimer laser would be capable of providing a good result. The Allegretto excimer laser (both European and US versions) is considered by many as an excellent laser; most certainly equal to others.

If you are at or near age 40, you should consider both sudden presbyopia and monovision.

Štěstí!
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby tomas-smetka » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:37 pm

LASIK is used by the year 1998. To say that the PRK and LASEK has stable than LASIK. For classical LASEK to withstand (remove) the top epithelium (40um) chemical and mechanical means. The methods of Trans-Epithel LASEK withstand epithelium alone device without a doctor. The advantage is the rapid eye recovery than is the case with PRK.

Myopia may deteriorate to but I note the strong glasses than -3.75 D eyes brook.
tomas-smetka

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:57 pm

In PRK the epithelium is disrupted by an alcohol solution and removed. In LASEK the epithelium is disrupted by an alcohol solution, moved aside, and then repositioned over the treatment area after laser energy is applied. In Epi-Lasik the epithelium is lifted with a blunt blade on a microkeratome that slides across the front of the cornea, moved aside, and then repositioned over the treatment area after laser energy is applied. In Transepithelial PRK the epithelium is removed by laser.

The epithelium is mortally wounded in all surface ablation techniques, including PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, and Transepithelial PRK. In all cases the epithelium must regenerate to cover the treatment area, thicken, and smooth.

While each technique may have its perceived advantage/disadvantage, the final outcome is not influenced by which method of epithelium removal used.

A peer-reviewed journal article introducing Lasik was authored by Pallikaris et al in 1990 using rabbit models. Human study models were published the following year. Lasik is a combination of photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) and automated lamellar keratoplasty (ALK). The use of an excimer laser for human PRK was first published by Munnerlyn et al in 1988. ALK was introduced by Barraquer in the 1950s.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby tomas-smetka » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:16 pm

Principles LASIKu, LASEKu, PRKU I understand. It is to that the LASIK flap slits powerful 130-160um, it is too much interference in the eye. Koukněte to this address

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... l=cs&tl=en

My operator said that the flap may be the year again without a problem to withdraw. Flap never organized not cleaves to the eye. Přilne, but only field epithelium.
I do not know how you are you in the United States informed about possible problems, but the risk for LASKu are quite large.
tomas-smetka

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:28 pm

I have often made clear my bias for the surface ablation techniques like PRK. Although millions have had successful Lasik, it is my personal opinion that PRK - which eliminates the Lasik flap - is superior in the long-term because by elimination of the Lasik flap you eliminate the possibility of a Lasik flap related complication.

Even if the probability of a Lasik flap related complication is relatively low, no possibility is almost always better than a low probability.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It