Conventional lasik; blurriness hasn't changed

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Conventional lasik; blurriness hasn't changed

Postby star45 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:49 am

Hi, I had my first month checkup on friday 15, 2008 and my eyes haven't changed. The blurriness is still present in both eyes. The optomitrist said that I'm probably one of the 5% range, whatever that means??[because most people can see by now], that I would probably need reading glasses, but that they can't do anything at this point. That I need to be patient and wait until the 2 months are finished, and then they will see about giving me an enhancement.

I'm a very understand person and have been as patient as I can be throughout this waiting period. If I'm one of those 5%, the only thing I'm concerned about is if the enhancement will work out. I have to stay positive and just wait until then.

Before surgery both my eyes were -4.25 and after a month my right eye is +1.25 and my left eye is +2.00. I don't know if that's good progress or whatever, but at least I know that after the 2 months are passed I can get the enhancement if needed. Glenn, do you have anything to add? thanks.

Tammy ;) [B.C. Canada]
star45

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:31 am

It is not likely that you will regress all the way back to plano (no refractive error), but some progress is likely. Do not be surprised if enhancement surgery is recommended.

It seems that your corneas may have over-responded to the laser energy. This can happen, although it is rare.

Reading glasses correct hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) vision, which is what you have now. This is an inexpensive way to function while your eyes settle and you and your doctors decide what to do next.

Expect to wait two months, have a little change, use your reading glasses (I'd say use 1.50 power readers, but try 1.25 and 2.00 too), and the doctor recommend enhancement surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It