Question about something that happend to my eye yesterday...

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Question about something that happend to my eye yesterday...

Postby houstonman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:17 am

Had PRK about 9-10 months ago and last night I poked my eye with a pillow that had ridges and was a bit rough...It stung so bad and watered for about a good 2 minutes. Well today I noticed that the left eye that was poked blurs with about every 6th blink I have then clears on the next blink. Is this something I should have checked out or should I just give it another day or 2 to see if it stops with the blurriness? Did cells get rubbed off? I'm a bit concerned.
houstonman

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:40 am

The epithelium is the outermost layer of cells of the cornea. They are soft and very pliable. You undoubtedly disrupted this layer of cells with the pillowcase by making small scratches. Think of putting your finger in a cake's icing. This could present as blurred vision that resolves when the tear film fills the disrupted area and makes the surface smooth.

You should give your eye doctor a call to let them know of the problem. Do not be surprised if they tell you to wait a couple of days and then call them back.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It