PRK 3 Weeks Post - Op, Blurriness in One Eye

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

PRK 3 Weeks Post - Op, Blurriness in One Eye

Postby Robbie » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi everyone,
I had PRK done to correct mild (about -4 in both eyes) myopia 3 weeks ago. The recovery was mostly smooth, now it's been 3 weeks I'm somewhat concerned about the vision in one eye.

During the vision test right after my bandage lenses were removed 10 days post op, I had the same vision in both. However, there is some astigmatism in my right eye, and the vision is somewhat blurry when I see in the distance and also blurry close-up.

A few days later I talked to the doctor who operated on me, and he reassured me that the vision would recover in my right eye.

I'm still on the steroid drops, and I'm supposed to be on them for 2 months.

My questions are: will my vision still improve in my left eye? Cause currently this is not a result acceptable to me for the procedure. Do the steroid drops cause vision to deteriorate slightly? I notice that the vision in my right eye improves at different times, but it's quite slight and it's generally inferior to the left eye. Lastly, has anyone else who had PRK experienced something similar?

Thanks a lot for the answers, and blessings on your vision and a swift recovery.

Robbie
Robbie

Re: PRK 3 Weeks Post - Op, Blurriness in One Eye

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:33 pm

Robbie wrote:My questions are: will my vision still improve in my left eye?

You are so early in the PRK healing stage that it is very likely you will have changes in your vision quality.

Robbie wrote:Cause currently this is not a result acceptable to me for the procedure.

It's too early to come to any conclusions.

Robbie wrote:Do the steroid drops cause vision to deteriorate slightly?

The steroids are used to help control inflammation, but your eyes are probably very angry right now and this can contribute to some of your symptoms. Many patients have reported rapid improvement after discontinuing steroids, however DO NOT stop the steroids without doctor's orders.

Robbie wrote:I notice that the vision in my right eye improves at different times, but it's quite slight and it's generally inferior to the left eye.

Expect each eye to respond differently with vision fluctuations that may seem inconsistent.

Robbie wrote:Lastly, has anyone else who had PRK experienced something similar?

Many, including me.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It