A GOOD lasik experience for a change.

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

A GOOD lasik experience for a change.

Postby jjhill » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:55 am

I had Lasik surgery a couple days ago (Thursday) and i turned out to be so easy. I was pretty nervous as I had been reading this board and all the horror stories a few days before hand. However, I rightly figured that these type of boards typically attract the minority of people with bad experiences so I thought I would add a positive one.

The surgery itself didn't hurt a bit. I wasn't given Valium or anything as some others are and really didn't need it. Its really no big deal at all. It was done in ten minutes and right after as I sat up I noticed I was able to see. It was like looking underwater and all hazy but I could read the signs on the OR wall seconds after surgery. After about an hour was the most uncomfortable part where my eyes felt as though I just chopped 1000 onions. I put in some drops and went to bed. I woke up 2 hours later with crystal clear vision. My eyes were a bit dry feeling but my vision was even better than it was with my contacts. A few hours later the dry feeling went away and I didn't even feel as though I had surgery and my vision was still crystal clear.

The next day I went for the 24 hour check up and was seeing 20/15 with no pain, no halos, no dryness, nothing but perfect vision. Today also is the same, perfect vision with no pain at all. It was the easiest surgery ever.

I should note that my vision was only -1.50 before lasik so I had a lower prescription. For any of you thinking about doing it if you have a lower prescription like I did, you can expect a great result. My only regret is I didn't do it years ago.
jjhill

Postby jjhill » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:56 pm

Just had my 1 week follow up. My doctor said I should be the poster-boy for lasik surgery. I am now seeing 20/10 corneas are healing perfectly. No bursts, halos, dry eyes and haven't had anything but perfect vision since the day of my surgery.

I think I'm lucky to have such a good result. Even more so when I read about people with difficulties. I've never seen this well in my life, not even with glasses or contacts.

I got the immediate perfect result that everyone hopes for. Very fortunate. Hopefully everything stays clear.
jjhill

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:06 pm

jjhill wrote:I think I'm lucky to have such a good result. Even more so when I read about people with difficulties.

Congratulations on your excellent result, but if you look at the USAEyes CORE Lasik patient survey you will see that your result is really the norm, not the exception.

The vast majority of the people who frequent this forum are looking for answers to questions, and some of the most pressing questions arise when there are problems. This tends to provide a skewed view of Lasik results when not viewed in context.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

THANK YOU

Postby Chelsea » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:22 am

I'm sitting here about to have a panic attack reading all these horror stories.
Do you mind me asking how much you paid???? My vision is worse than yours but they quoted me $3380 & that just seems crazy to me.
What kind of Lasik did you get done??
Chelsea

Re: A GOOD lasik experience for a change.

Postby It's Just Me » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:19 am

I am very jealous of you. I still can't see clearly, and never did...even right after the surgery.
jjhill wrote:I had Lasik surgery a couple days ago (Thursday) and i turned out to be so easy. I was pretty nervous as I had been reading this board and all the horror stories a few days before hand. However, I rightly figured that these type of boards typically attract the minority of people with bad experiences so I thought I would add a positive one.

The surgery itself didn't hurt a bit. I wasn't given Valium or anything as some others are and really didn't need it. Its really no big deal at all. It was done in ten minutes and right after as I sat up I noticed I was able to see. It was like looking underwater and all hazy but I could read the signs on the OR wall seconds after surgery. After about an hour was the most uncomfortable part where my eyes felt as though I just chopped 1000 onions. I put in some drops and went to bed. I woke up 2 hours later with crystal clear vision. My eyes were a bit dry feeling but my vision was even better than it was with my contacts. A few hours later the dry feeling went away and I didn't even feel as though I had surgery and my vision was still crystal clear.

The next day I went for the 24 hour check up and was seeing 20/15 with no pain, no halos, no dryness, nothing but perfect vision. Today also is the same, perfect vision with no pain at all. It was the easiest surgery ever.

I should note that my vision was only -1.50 before lasik so I had a lower prescription. For any of you thinking about doing it if you have a lower prescription like I did, you can expect a great result. My only regret is I didn't do it years ago.
It's Just Me

Return to Just Had It