Need YOUR Opinion

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Need YOUR Opinion

Postby curious_george » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:58 pm

I'm working on a project about how people come to decide to have corrective eye surgeries and would greatly appreciate the help and experience of people on this board.

If you consulted a doctor about LASIK, have been told that you are a good candidate, but elected to NOT have the procedure, I have a question: Why not?

Many thanks for your help!
curious_george

Postby TnCW » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:01 am

I choose to have it done because it eliminated glasses, and contacts.
It's a simple answer I know.

I consulted a doctor, He said I was a good candidate, but my age was the concern. I was 18. And at 18 I did think things through. I just knew I wanted it. So I had it.

I'm now 25, and need contacts.
It was my fault. All my decision.
If i knew now, I'd be back in them.
I would have waited.....
But that was the past.

All I can say is waiting for Lasik is best if your not in
your mid-20's. Apparently that's when your eyes seem to stop changing as much....
TnCW

I am getting Intra Laze done on Thurs.

Postby 3wheels » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:36 pm

I am tired of wearing glass's and contacts.
I have no problem reading or typing this as i have no problem reading but if i want to drive anywhere or ride my bike then i need contacts or glass's

I want to wear fancy sunglass's and be free of contacts.
I also chose a surgeon that is very rep. and has lots of sucess
in Calgary Alberta Canada did my girl friend and she is sooo happy with her outcome

my vision is -2.00 in both eyes with a bit of an astigmatizim (sp)

With glass's you only see through the glass part not the sides so when you wear contacts its so much easier to see all around you and this is what it will be like with the surgery with out putting plastic on your eyes.
I will be checking back here to see what others have found out also.
Thanks
Carol
3wheels

Re: Need YOUR Opinion

Postby beingbobbyorr » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:06 pm

curious_george wrote:If you consulted a doctor about LASIK, have been told that you are a good candidate, but elected to NOT have the procedure, I have a question: Why not?

I've been researching ICLs on and off for a year. I'm about to pull the trigger, but remain quite reluctant because I'm having a hard time getting any surgeon to address my concerns regarding PILIs and Halos ( see questions 1 & 2 of http://iclquestions.angelfire.com/ ).
beingbobbyorr

Return to Thinking About It