CCL or cross linking- keratkonus.

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

CCL or cross linking- keratkonus.

Postby tigger » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:38 pm

keratkonus and Cross linking treatment

This maybe the wrong forum but last week on Sept the 5th I had cross-linking or "CCL" on both eyes as I have keratkonus. I had it done in the Czech Republic as I live in Slovakia. There is very little info about it but its a new treatment approved in the EU. They say it takes 3 to 6 months to heal.

I now have sensitivity to light and its very painful. Does anyone know anything about CCL or who has had this treatmant?? all help and experience very welcome.

Thanks. :shock:
tigger

Postby sarvarsandhu » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:48 am

Hi tigger,
there is nothing to worry for CCL , it is very safe procedure .
I have had it for both the eyes , but they were done one
at a time in order to avoid discomfort. light sensivity
resolves after sometime ( 1-2 months i guess ) .
hope that helps .
cheers !
sarvarsandhu

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:16 pm

Tigger,

We have a detailed article about corneal crosslinking (CxL) for keratoconus that may be helpful.

The crosslinking itself does not require months for healing, but the most common method of CxL involves removal of the epithelium. The epithelium is the outermost layer of cells on the cornea. Epithelial cells are the fastest reproducing cells in the human body, but it does take time for them to reproduce, thicken, and smooth. During this time you may have discomfort, poor vision quality, and light sensitivity.

Notify your doctor in the Czech Republic of your symptoms and ask if there is a local doctor who you can see for follow-up care.

I am very curious about CxL results. Please keep us informed of your progress.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Crosslinking plus LASIK surgery

Postby lizette » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:22 am

I had crosslinking plus laser surgery done exactly a month ago. I was initially told it would take 10 days to heal. It is now one month and my eyes are still quite blurry and light sensitive. Does anyone know how long this healing period should or can be?
lizette

Return to Just Had It