Swelling after Intralase

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Swelling after Intralase

Postby JD » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:00 am

Hello,

Thank you so much for this board....I had custom wavefront intralase lasik two weeks ago today and during those moments when I felt worried and a bit panicky, reading your replies to everyone's posts really calmed me down.

I was -5.25 in the left and -4.75 in the right eye. My left eye feels fine although dry but I am constantly aware of my right eye. The feeling is almost as if the eye is a bit too big for the socket and it feels as though I can "feel" the eye everytime I blink (weird description but best I can come up with!). At my one week follow up, the doctor said the right looked swollen compared to the left. He did not seem overly concerned and looked thoroughly at the eye, even lifting my eye lid up during the exam.

Today, at two weeks, it feels the same. Is it better to let the swelling resolve on its own without any help from steroid drops? What would a reasonable time line be?

Thank you!
JD

Postby PRK_EYES » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Don't you have a schedule for your steroid drop from your doctor.

I don't know if Lasik surgery is differed from PRK.

I had PRK 23 days ago. I had drops 5 times a day.

This week, I am down to 4 times a day, no swelling.
PRK_EYES

Postby JD » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:41 am

I had steroid drops 4x day for 7 days but am no longer on them per doctor's instruction.

From what I've read, it seems others are on them for much longer...is one week typical?
JD

Postby PRK_EYES » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:07 am

Why don't you see your doctor again.

When I had pain in my eyes 4 days after surgery.
I went back to my doctor, got an examination and pain killer.

For what I've read, there could be complications.
Why take any chances.
PRK_EYES

Now on Pataday - drying to eyes after LASIK?

Postby JD » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:17 am

Thanks, I did go back today:) He said my eyelids are red and inflamed on the underside and prescribed one drop a day of Pataday in each eye. I never felt that I had issues with allergies before LASIK but he thinks that since my eyes are dry, I am not able to get rid of allergens with my tears as I did before LASIK.

I am a little concerned as I did a search on this site and found a response from Glenn that Pataday can dry the eye which is the last thing I need right now. I'll try it for one week and see what happens. He did say the flap and eye are healing nicely and the sensation I am experiencing is the swollen eyelid on the eye, not from the eye itself.
JD

Return to Just Had It