Glenn - question re: Pataday

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Glenn - question re: Pataday

Postby JD » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:20 am

Hi Glenn,

As in my previous post, I am having issues with an odd sensation in my right eye which last week the doctor attributed to mild swelling. I went back today and he examined my eyes again and said the underside of the lids are slightly red and inflamed. He prescribed one drop a day of Pataday. I did a search on here and found a post where you had said that Pataday can be drying to eyes. I couldn't make a tear now if my dog died so naturally I am concerned the Pataday may not be the best solution.

Your thoughts?

Thanks!
JD

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:49 am

Pataday eye drops are commonly used for treatment of allergic reaction. Your doctor may believe that you are having an allergic response to the other medications or is simply attempting to use Pataday to reduce the ocular itching and irrigation. Yes, Pataday can contribute to dry eye, but so can an allergic response. The allergic response needs to be brought under control even if it may temporarily make the dry eyes worse.

Keep using those preservative-free artificial tears, but you may want to change brands as they may be contributing to an allergic response. Each brand has a slightly different formula and there are several active ingredients. See artificial tears.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby JD » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:02 am

Thank you Glenn. This message board is extremely helpful.
JD

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:47 am

Thanks for the kind words. Please tell your friends.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It