Help--Forgot to ask Doc about pupil size and cornea thicknes

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Help--Forgot to ask Doc about pupil size and cornea thicknes

Postby keith5851 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:58 pm

I am hoping someone can help answer my question regarding my pupil size and corneal thickness.

I went in today for the evaluation for lasik and was told I was a good candidate, however I have a few questions of concern

#1) They told me in dim light my pupil sizes were 5mm and 6mm. He stated to me that in a really dark room (similar to nighttime driving) my pupils could get up to 8mm. My question is Am I likely to get halos or starburst for nighttime driving?

#2) My corneas are about 505 microns (not sure if thats the right term). He said when he's done with the surgery my corneas would become 450 microns. Is this a thick enough cornea for lasik.

My prescription is -3.25 and -3.50 (for myopia), meaning not much correction is needed. Anyone that can help answer my questions would be greatly appreciated

Also the laser used for treatment is the Visx Star S4 IR & CustomVue (laser plus wavefront device to guide laser) which I believe treats
OZ: 4.0 to 9.0 mm
TZ: 4.5 to 9.5 mm
keith5851

Re: Help--Forgot to ask Doc about pupil size and cornea thic

Postby beingbobbyorr » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:49 pm

keith5851 wrote:.... my question regarding my pupil size and corneal thickness. ..... Am I likely to get halos or starburst for nighttime driving? .... Also the laser used for treatment is the Visx Star S4 IR & CustomVue (laser plus wavefront device to guide laser)

Hopefully Glenn gets back soon, because I think my questions here ....

http://www.usaeyes.org/ask-lasik-expert ... php?t=1967

.... have some bearing on your question.
beingbobbyorr

Return to Thinking About It