Best place to buy drops? - This stuff is expensive!!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Best place to buy drops? - This stuff is expensive!!

Postby leoberman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:11 pm

Hello,

I am 8 days post surgery (custom wavefront via "CustomVue using the Visx S4 laser") and had both eyes done at once.

My left eye is fantastic, right eye is blurry this due (per Dr.) to dryness.

My post-surgery regimen includes the following:

Vitamin C, 500 mg, morning and night
TheraTears, 3 per day in the morning
Lotemax drops, 4 times a day
Restasis, 2 times a day
Refresh Plus - Frequently (every 30 min. on average)
Refresh P.M. - a glob in each eye at bedtime
Flaxseed Oil - thought I'd give this a shot on my own - 1 tspn per day

Can anyone recommend the best place (meaning cheapest place) to buy Refresh Plus/TheraTears etc. (the OTC stuff)? CVS is way too expensive and I'm sure I'll be on this regimen for a while.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by leoberman on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
leoberman

Postby JD » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:44 am

I had the exact procedure you had 14 days ago. I have gone through at least 5 boxes of Thera Tears, 2 boxes of TheraTears gel drops and 1 1/2 tubes of Refresh PM now. On www.dryeyezone.com someone suggested buying TheraTears from Amazon.

It is expensive! So much for the argument of saving money and hassle with contact lens solution...hopefully this will last six months at the most.
JD

Postby leoberman » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:11 am

Thanks for the link to dryeyezone, I'm going to check it out tonite.

I'm also considering Ebay, in addition to Amazon.
leoberman

Postby JustLooking » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:52 am

I saw a post where someone recommended Sam's Club or Costco. I have noticed that Walmart is much cheaper than the drug store chains. Make sure to use the coupons inside the box, too. I always open them at the register and take out the coupon if I don't have one in my purse.

I also have been through boxes and boxes of these things. If you have a Flexible spending program, eye drops are a covered expense. One thing's for sure...You can't make it through the recovery period without the drops!!
JustLooking

Postby leoberman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:04 am

Costco - 100 for $17.49.

2 weeks post Epi-Lasik: I'm off Refresh P.M., dryness really isn't an issue as far as how my eyes feel. My vision is 20/20 in both eyes. I was 20/60 prior to surgery. All in all it has really worked out fantastically for me.

I wonder if there is any chance that my vision will improve any going forward, considering it is still relatively recent since I had the surgery?
leoberman

Postby JustLooking » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:49 am

I'm JEALOUS that your vision is go good so fast!! I've worn glasses since childhood, though, and I'm sure it will take much longer for my bad old eyes to get better.

I was at the surgeon's office yesterday and she said that at eight weeks out, I have a long ways to go and should see much improvement in the weeks ahead. I'm still on three steroid drops a day, so I'm sure that affects my vision, too. I'm not at 20/20 yet, but I can see fine to drive and do other things I need to do.

I don't know if you will get better than 20/20, but for sure, your eyes will continue healing over the next year or so. I'm glad you had such a great outcome!

leoberman wrote:Costco - 100 for $17.49.

2 weeks post Epi-Lasik: I'm off Refresh P.M., dryness really isn't an issue as far as how my eyes feel. My vision is 20/20 in both eyes. I was 20/60 prior to surgery. All in all it has really worked out fantastically for me.

I wonder if there is any chance that my vision will improve any going forward, considering it is still relatively recent since I had the surgery?
JustLooking

Postby JustLooking » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:29 am

I bought some "Equate Revive Plus Lubricant Eye Drops" from Walmart this week. They are the generic for the Refresh Plus and list the exact same ingredient.

I find them to be exactly the same feel as the Refresh Plus at a lower cost. The 70 count box (the vials are bigger than Refresh Plus, but you can't put the top back on like you can with Refresh) is $11.50 here in Alabama.

I don't know why I am just now getting around to trying them. I like to use the Walmart and Sam's brands because my husband works in different manufacturing plants and has been told many times that Walmart and Sam's generics are top quality. They buy so much volume in product that manufacturing companies are under contract to give them the best quality products that they offer (in different packaging). Anyway, someone reading this post might want to try the Walmart brand and save some money. I wish I had thought of it sooner and saved some myself!
JustLooking

Postby leoberman » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:47 am

I asked my Laser doc about generics and was told not to even think about it. Generics are probably just as good but I didn't want to mess around...
leoberman

Return to Just Had It