enhancement done after 3 months ;)

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

enhancement done after 3 months ;)

Postby star45 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:00 am

Hi,

I'm the lady that had conventional lasik surgery 3 months ago, but didn't get the results I wanted. Now just this past friday, I got an enhancement done for both eyes, using the custom wavefront procedure which gave my right eye 20/20 vision. I'm estatic about my right eye, which is my dominate eye, but for my left eye I'm a bit disappointed with the outcome. Although it could have been worse, I had hoped that it would be as clear as my right one, but it has to stabilize because it's only been 3 days. The weeks ahead will determine what will be the next step to take as both my eyes adjust to one another.

Glen, do you have any info on this type of enhancement and why my left eye didn't react the same as my right one. Is my left eye in shock? what do you think? thank you.

Tammy ;)
star45

Postby star45 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:12 am

Hi again,

I forgot to mention that after the wavefront method was done on both my eyes, that they had placed temporary protective contacts on my eyes for overnight. The next day I came in for my post op exam and it showed that my right eye was functioning 20/20 clearly, but that my left eye was blurred and had halos. I hope that the blurriness and halos will disappear, and that the left eye will correct itself within time. Only time will tell. I believe that if I need an enhancement for my left eye, that it will take months for my cornea to thicken before anything can be done to correct it.

Glen, what do you suggest? thanks.

Tammy ;)
star45

Postby star45 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:06 am

Hi again,

I went for my week follow-up appointment today and they said that I had monovision enhancement. That means that one eye is near and one eye is farsighted. My right eye is 20/20 and healing well, but my left eye is blurred and has double vision. They told me that my left eye is healing slower then my right eye, and is about 2 notches behind my right eye.

I know from my first lasik experience, that my left eye has to settle down and I have another follow-up op appointment in a month.

Glen, can you comment on this type of enhancement? Do you think it's going to take another 3 months for my left eye to settle down? That will mean 6 months recovery time, but it's like starting all over for the second time, for my left eye. Thanks for your imput and needed advice.

Tammy ;)
star45

Postby ajdaniel » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:46 am

star45 wrote:Hi again,

I went for my week follow-up appointment today and they said that I had monovision enhancement. That means that one eye is near and one eye is farsighted. My right eye is 20/20 and healing well, but my left eye is blurred and has double vision. They told me that my left eye is healing slower then my right eye, and is about 2 notches behind my right eye.

I know from my first lasik experience, that my left eye has to settle down and I have another follow-up op appointment in a month.

Glen, can you comment on this type of enhancement? Do you think it's going to take another 3 months for my left eye to settle down? That will mean 6 months recovery time, but it's like starting all over for the second time, for my left eye. Thanks for your imput and needed advice.

Tammy ;)

No offense Tammy, but shouldn't you have known what type of enhancement/procedure you were getting before they burned your eyes with a laser? I mean, call me crazy, but it's called informed consent and I'm a little confused as to why you had no clue what procedure you were even having done.
ajdaniel

Postby Cactusgod » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:09 pm

In her defense, it's not always so easy. Its very common for people, myself included, to get so wrapped up in the worry and such that...although you hear what the doctor is saying, you don't at the same time. I just got back from an appointment about an hour ago and I dont even remember what the heck the doctor said that made me feel better. So now, i'm just like bleh.

I would definitely think that just because you've had it before doesnt mean that it would take less time to heal, so 6 months is probably the realistic heal time again.
Cactusgod

Return to Had It A While Ago