Done in early '07 and my eyes are a dry, blurry mess

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Done in early '07 and my eyes are a dry, blurry mess

Postby rogfar » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:59 am

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. After talking to everyone I know who had it done and hearing how great it was, I sealed my fate. Now here I am 1.5 years later and have constantly dry eyes that nothing(plugs, restasis, etc.) will cure and 20/25(worse when my eyes are dry) vision. Thankfully I have the constant floaters to keep my attention away from the misery :roll:
rogfar

Postby tootsieroll » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:22 am

I hear ya! My dry eyes seem to be getting worse with time. Its pretty bad when I don't get enough sleep and you can forget about going to the movie theatres cause all I can see is the ghosting. I've tried plugs and it helped for a week and then it seemed like they weren't even there and Restasis just burns too much. Have you tried applying warm compresses a couple of times a day? They seem to help a bit.
tootsieroll

Postby rogfar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:32 am

Yeah, I get the ghosting when they're dry. Haven't tried the compress thing. I'm gonna try restasis again for the hell of it. Maybe it'll work in combo with the plugs. That stuff is stupidly expensive even with insurance.
rogfar

Postby tootsieroll » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:03 am

Definitely give it a try but I guess it's different for everyone. I've tried the combo with no luck. Oh and don't forget to take flaxseed oil!
tootsieroll

Postby rogfar » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:16 am

Hmm...about flax seed oil. My doc suggested fish oil and I took that well before this problem. Does that have the same effect as flax?
rogfar

Postby tootsieroll » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:53 am

To be honest, I tried them both and I found fish oil to be more helpful but then again it could be different for everyone. I had to switch to flax seed oil cause I couldn't stand my fishy burps LOL.
tootsieroll

Theralife Eye enhanced helped my dry eye problems

Postby thereishope » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:38 am

I also suffer from dry eyes from Lasik surgery. Prior to Lasik I never experienced what dry eyes are. But I wanted to post my positive experience of how I gained significant relief from post-lasik dry eyes.

My eye doctor said to give it 6-12 months for the eyes to completely heal. I diligently applied the eye drops he suggested (systane and celluvisc) every day. Every two months I noticed a small improvement in the dryness and vision. However, after a year my eyes were still severely dry so I reseached the Internet to find an alternate solution.

I found herbal capsules on the Internet called TheraLife Eye enhanced. It is formulated to help dry eyes. They have done clinical research which is what persuaded me to try them. To my pleasant surprise, these capsules did help me. I take four capsules a day. I also take 2,000-3,000 mgs of organic flax seed oil per day. In addition, the company advises to eat a balanced diet, avoid stress, etc. I have found that by balanced diet, they may also mean that we should not be constipated. Sorry to be so crude but I have found that when I eat salads and vegetables daily in addition to meats and carbs, my eyes are a lot less dry when taken in conjunction with these TheraLife Eye enhanced capsules. I also managed to get off using the eyes drops shortly after beginning the use of these capsules which I was extremely thankful for.

It is also advised to avoid refined sugars and soda. I think during the holiday season I got off my "diet" and ate a lot of chocolate and sugar and also ate little fruits and vegetables with the result that I am having problems with severe dry eyes again this week.
thereishope

Return to Had It A While Ago