Awesome results.....Custom Intralase Lasik with Visx laser

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Awesome results.....Custom Intralase Lasik with Visx laser

Postby keith5851 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:20 pm

I am 2 days post-op lasik and am so excited with the results. I am 20/20 in my right eye and 20/25 in my left. I am still in a state of shock that I can see without glasses :) So far have no complications, no pain, just occasional dry eye when I first wake up, but nothing worse than the feeling of sleeping in my contacts.

Couple questions:
1) Will my vision in my left eye get to be 20/20? Will it ever stabilize?
2) How long does it take to stabilize
3)When can I safely watch TV and do computer work for long periods? (I have been limiting myself to 30 minutes a day)
4)When can I go back to lifting weights at the gym?
keith5851

Re: Awesome results.....Custom Intralase Lasik with Visx las

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:22 pm

keith5851 wrote:Will my vision in my left eye get to be 20/20?

It certainly may, but your eyes have just had microsurgery and are reacting/responding. Give yourself a little time.

keith5851 wrote:Will it ever stabilize?

Most studies indicate that at about three months the vast majority of the response to surgery has settled down, with six months being stable.

keith5851 wrote:When can I safely watch TV and do computer work for long periods? (I have been limiting myself to 30 minutes a day)

It's all about eye lubrication. If you are using artifical tears regularly and closing your eyes for a few seconds to rest every now and then, you should be fine. We tend to blink less when working at a computer, and that can lead to dry eye problems.

keith5851 wrote:When can I go back to lifting weights at the gym?

You need your doctor's advice on this. Heavy lifting can increase the pressure inside the eye. If your intraocular pressure (IOP) is elevated from the medicated eye drops you are using, you may be at increased risk of problems. Your doctor is undoubtedly checking this pressure.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It