14 Days post-op with zyoptix/intralase

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

14 Days post-op with zyoptix/intralase

Postby GBC » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:48 am

So it has now been 14 days since I had custom wavefront with intralase lasik and so far the results have been incredible. My left eye is 20/15 but my right eye is not...I can read just fine with it and all but everything is just not as sharp. It is a little disorienting at times mainly because my right eye is the dominant eye, but everything has been going very well. The 24 hr postop was as expected, I am just more concerned that this eye hasn't caught up so to speak.
I have my 3 wk follow up this Wednesday, but has anyone else had this problem resolve on its own. I wouldn't mind do the enhancement (the whole procedure was atraumatic- no pain or discomfort at all). One thing to note is that the redness and blood spots on the left eye have completely resorbed while the red eye is still red. No discomfort or pain, just essentially unchanged (or minimally so) after the procedure.
Does this sound like delayed healing?? I have been using Refresh Plus drops like crazy )probably 5-7 X a day)....actually, that's not that much now that I read it. Anywho, is this normal?
Thanks all
GBC

Postby GBC » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:29 am

Just got my 3 week f/u done today. lt eye is 20/15 and 20/10-2 and rt eye is 20/20. The haziness is slowly subsiding on the rt eye and, despite the relative dryness of it, it seems to be doing better. The redness on the rt eye is still there, but I think it is shrinking... Either way, the doc said everything looked fine so thinks are looking up!
:D
GBC

same thing

Postby vj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi, I am 3 months post op....(zyoptix, tissue saving)
was -7.5 (L) -7.259(R) before surgery.
I remember, on 3rd or 4rth day of surgery, I noticed some major difference in my vision. Left eye was clear compared to right eye.
even on vision acquity chart, my left eye can almost read 20/20 but right eye is nowhere close. Told this to doc, he said lets see if it improves with time...I got an eye checkup a week back. Still got prescription: (L) -.5 (R) -1.00. I am getting enhancement done next month for right eye only. I think -.5 is pretty much managable, but -1.00 is a bit on the higher side and is very noticable.
Though my night vision isnt the way it used to be, I am pretty happy with my surgery, consider the fact that I could do nothing without my glasses.
Right now I am no way dependent on glasses and its a sigh of relief for me.
I hope your eye will catch up to the other one soon in terms of healing.
Only after a couple of months will you be able to decide why there is difference in vision. There always a possibility of undercorrention/overcorrection in lasik, especially for higher prescriptions like mine.....what was ur prescription before op?
vj

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:58 am

Congrats on your vision thus far!

The bright red spots in the white of the eye are is a subconjunctival hematoma. That is a fancy way of saying that you have a blood blister at the white part of the eye. The application during Lasik of the microkeratome to the eye can break one of the small blood vessels. It is often very noticeable and looks dreadful, but it is a condition that does not require any care and will resolve with time.

Verify with your doctor if this is the cause of the redness.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby GBC » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Been a while since I have checked back...
VJ- My prescription was -3.5 (Lt) and -4.25 (Rt) with moderate astigmatism. While the prescription wasn't too bad, the astigmatism was often a sign of concern for many of the earlier systems.
Lasikexpert- Thanks for the reply. The redness disappeared completely about 2.5 weeks ago and I am enjoying nice, normal, non-freaky eyes! My right eye, while still not as sharp as my right, has adapted nicely so I don't even really notice the disparity at all. The only thing I have noticed recently (maybe a couple of days now) is kind of a low-grade pain in both eyes, but it mainly feels like a headache. I am recovering from a cold, and my TMJ has been killing me recently (darn finals are making me grind at night). Anywho, I am thinking that is the main reason for my dull ache in the temporal/ocular area.
I will post my results at my 3 month post-op!!
Good luck VJ and all!
Greg
GBC

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:45 pm

GBC wrote:The only thing I have noticed recently (maybe a couple of days now) is kind of a low-grade pain in both eyes, but it mainly feels like a headache.

Sounds very much like dry eyes caused or exacerbated by decongestant medication associated with cold medicine. You may want to visit our article about dry eye treatment if it persists.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby GBC » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:47 pm

Good call on that one, it went away the next day when my sinuses cleared up. Vision has been absolutely amazing the past couple of weeks. My wife and I went skiing and, for the first time in my life, I didn't have to worry about fitting glasses inside ski goggles and I could see every ripple and terrain change in the snow. Absolutely amazing. Right eye is sometimes a little fuzzier, but considering the lt eye is 20/10, I would be astounded if they were equal.
Vision gets better and better everyday and no dry eye (except that one day due to my cold meds...and probably the cold too!). Best money ever spent.
GBC

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:35 pm

Thanks for the follow-up. Go out and enjoy your new vision!
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It