Light streaks

Post your questions and start your research in this forum if more than three months ago you had any type of surgery to reduce the need for glasses and contacts.

Postby johnny_F » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:35 pm

I am now 4 weeks post Custom LASIK and I have these problems as well. The streaks are noticeable in my peripheral vision when watching TV in the dark, as things on the screen move the streaks move. Its not nearly as noticeable when I open my eyes really wide, which leads me to believe it is a pupil thing (I have large pupils). I also experienced the light beam directly to my eye at night, however only on one night at about the 2 week mark. It hasn't happened since, however I do get the streaks every time I blink or squint, but I am not sure if that occurred before the surgery, or not. I mentioned this (and other concerns) to the doctors where I had my surgery and they almost just laugh at me, then give me the standard answer "It is too soon, you need time to heal, its normal and will go away"...very annoyed they are not taking any of it seriously. I am almost amazed about it actually. It's hard to be patient when they give you no feedback whatsoever.
johnny_F

1.5 years post op

Postby eh427 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:54 pm

Ive been going back to the place i got my lasik from to try to resolve the light streaks issue. The doctor has tried prescribing me various types of eye drops including refresh eye drops, brimonidine, and another type of prescription eyedrop whose name i cant immediately remember right now. None of these have made any difference and the doctor has told me to get used to the light streaks and that there is nothing left that he can do. I plan on seeking out other lasik doctors that may be able to help me and will continue to post any developments in this thread. If anyone has any information on this type of issue, please share.
eh427

Postby kjr39 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:04 pm

Count me in as having light streaks in one eye. It will be the one year mark at the end of January and have been on Restasis for about 6 months now. I experienced the streaks starting on Lasik day + 2. Any thoughts if it could be the difference between the corrected and uncorrected part of my cornea that is causing the streaking? It is consistently in the same spot (straight down from center.)

I do have severe dry eye as a result of lasik and have had both tear ducts plugged...

Nothing helps.
kjr39

Postby eh427 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:06 pm

In my case, the doctor did mention that its some sort of interaction between the flap and tear film. My streaks also go straight down from the center for the most part.
eh427

Previous

Return to Had It A While Ago