6 Weeks and vision got blurry, was excellent after surgery

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

6 Weeks and vision got blurry, was excellent after surgery

Postby rbdog » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:45 pm

I am at 8 weeks (surgery on November 14, 2008).

I was very impressed from day 1 with excellent vision. right around the 6th week, my left eye got blurry. Then my right eye did the same. Immediately after eye drops, my vision clears up for about 30 seconds.

Since the beggining, I have been told I still have swelling. I go in for an almost weekly check-up now. I am on Pret-Forte and Restasis.

My vision is fine within 8-10 feet. Beyond that, it is workable but blurry. For example, I can see safe to drive but cannot read road signs until i get within 20 feet or so. Also, I see fine when looking from the corners of my eye.

Am I being impatient? when should I ask to see the surgeon (my office uses regular doctors for exam, not the surgeon).

I am starting to get concerend.
rbdog

Postby It's Just Me » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:53 am

I hope someone can answer you, I know how panicky you might feel. I'm blurry now. I never HAVE seen clear since my lasik on the 15th of January.

Waiting to be able to see ...........
It's Just Me

Answer...sort of

Postby rbdog » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:01 am

It turns out I was kept on steroids for too long. It caused high pressure and blurriness. i have been taken off it for almost a week and my vision is improving. I was told I still need to wait a month to get back into the normal healing process.
My vision is dramatically improved but still not what it was after surgery.
rbdog

Return to Just Had It