Hi, new here, just has iLasik done on 1/9/09

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Hi, new here, just has iLasik done on 1/9/09

Postby cgt465 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:20 pm

I was wondering what I should expect as far as recovery. The procedure went well, and on the follow up (next day), my vision was 20/20 in my right eye and 20/25 in my left. I am noticing some blurry vision (almost perpetually), but I think I can attribute that to the Pred Forte and or Zymar I am on.
So, like most patients, I am wondering, can I expect my vision in my left eye to improve to balance the right, or is it a lock to be 20/25. Also, I drove for the first time at night last night and had minimal halos, and really no other mentioned side effects.
I appreciate all the advice on this site, and so far I am very pleased with the results. Also, I work as a computer tech, mostly I use LCD monitors, should I limit the amount of time I stay on the computer (or should I let my eyes 'tell' me)
FYI, I am 43 years old, been wearing corrective visionware in one fashion or another since 1979, so I also think there may be a learning curve to see 'normally' again.
Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions.

Postby cgt465 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Wow, I was hoping for some reply, some info, but this place seems to be lifeless.

Postby Mark20 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm scheduled for the beginning of April but from what my doctors, friends and others have told me the info in the following discussion holds true.

You can't forget as quick as these procedures are, they are still surgery and you have to heal.

Postby MN4455 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:12 am

From what I understand the healing process can certaintly vary between individuals. I've heard certain symptoms such as dry eye and night vision symptoms can persist for over six months for a minority of people while others have had them clear up within a month or less. I just had my surgery on 01/10/2009 (Custom Intralase) and feel like I am definitely back to normal with perfectly clear vision. Occasionally, my eyes feel a little dry but that is about it. Whatever minor halos were there are almost nonexistent at this point. The only time I experienced blurriness and fluctuating vision was the first day or two after the surgery. I think time is definitely on your side being that it's very early in the healing process.

Update: 1/26/09

Postby cgt465 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Vision is improving daily, however, I notice at night my eyes dry out more rapidly, but that only makes sense. I did do something INCREDIBLY stupid last saturday, I rubbed the hell out of my eyes for about 5 - 10 seconds before I realized what I was doing.
My right eye got very, very blurry and I was afraid I damaged the flap, but all is well.
I think the main thing I would tell people who are considering Lasik, is that IT IS SURGERY, and your body needs to recover from it like every other surgery. I go in for my 3 week checkup on friday, and I assume my left eye will probably need an adjustment it's 20/25 vs my right eye being 20/20, and it's a little disorienting, especially driving at night.
Thanks again one and all, I am sorry if I came across as rude, I was only scared.
And I would definitely do this again if I were given the choice.

Postby It's Just Me » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:07 am

well, it's been 2 weeks, 3 days for me and I still can't see past my nose more than 2 feet. I guess I'm a reeeeaaaaallly slow healer. Which doesn't make sense, I'm healthy as a horse *shrug* I am totally frustrated and wish I would have never had lasik done. Hope you do better than I am doing.
It's Just Me

Return to Just Had It