Vision Blurry after 5 days

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Vision Blurry after 5 days

Postby It's Just Me » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:46 pm

I had lasik on thursday (15th) It's like I did'nt have anything done. I think I might have just made the worst mistake of my life.

I never did see clearly after the procedure. I am calling today to see what the heck I can do. If I have to wait 3 months for an enhancement, I need glasses till then. I can't see more than a foot away from my face. Needless to say, I'm livid.
I wish I would have never done this! :x
It's Just Me

Been There

Postby jayemright » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:35 am

Hello,
I am about 5 days ahead of you, and found days 4-5 the worst. My vision is coming around, and from reading postings on this site and an honest and frank discussion with the technician at LASIK MD in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada where I had the procedure done, I would say what you're experiencing is pretty normal. I went from being really nearsighted, with some presbyopia (I'm 52) but seeing very well with glasses, to seeing nearly 20\20 but not being able to see anything clearly from right in my face to about 15 feet out. Not to mention the Halos that have left me unable to drive at night.
I think the problem stems from the overselling of what is indeed a safe and effective procedure in terms of recovery time. It is marketed as a 20 minute miracle, when the recovery is indeed more 3-6 months. I am a school principal and was back to work within 36 hours post op with the full blessing of the folks that did the procedure. Not a good idea. I put in a hard week last week, but this week is better, and hopefully next week will be better than that. Good luck
jayemright

Postby It's Just Me » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:13 am

Well, it's good to know that your vision got better, maybe there's hope for my eyes. It's blurry from about 2 feet out. I had monovision (left is for close up). I feel like I didn't even have lasik, I feel like I need to put glasses on. I talked with them today, and asked about what happens if in a few weeks, I still can't see...can I get glasses...she said that would not work because the eye would be fluctuating still. I guess I will just have to adjust to not seeing anything for a while.
It's Just Me

Postby jayemright » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:44 am

After 45 years of glasses, I keep feeling like if I could just put my glasses on, I'd be fine. I have purchased about 12 pairs of dollar store reading glasses, and I can get by with that, but it is still a bit blurry. What keeps aggravating me is that I could see very well with my progressive bifocals prior to the surgery-I just wanted to be rid of the hassle of glasses.
Now, like you, I, too would like to get a good pair of glasses but have been told the same thing-My vision fluctuates too much and will continue to do so for the next 3 months or so. I purchased a variety of strengths of reading glasses and have found that I use different ones through the day as my vision can fluctuate by the hour. The overall direction, however, is up, and statistically, it should be for you too, so hang in there and try not to stress it too much. There is not a whole hell of a lot we can do now but sit tight and wait for it to come around which it usually does. Not something they tell when they are getting you to sign up for surgery, but you should be ok with the passage of time. Everyone I have asked that had it said it was great. Someone on this forum said it must be like when women have their second child. They forgot what labour was like the first time. Hopefully we only have to go through this once, and in one year we'll both be telling people how well we can see, etc. Good luck.
jayemright

Postby It's Just Me » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:51 am

I'll definitely sit tight....and see the doctor again Thursday. I don't think the doctor that DID the surgery will be there, I wish he was.

I was totally aware of the risks, in fact, I read the "scare" sheet and almost backed out :shock: They assured me none of the things on that list had happened, so I was ok with the catastrophic ones...but, I do remember reading that in a small % of folks, their eyesight will be worse after lasik, and even glasses won't help. I pray I'm not that percentage.
It's Just Me

Postby It's Just Me » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:15 am

Update. Still blurry. Went to the doctor, and she said there still is a slight astigmatism which should resolve as the cornea heals and becomes less swollen....

Good news really. :)

Still blurry though, but I'm getting used to it. If it improves, it will be awesome to be able to see again.
It's Just Me

Postby It's Just Me » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:02 pm

almost 2 weeks. Still blurry.

:?:
It's Just Me

Postby It's Just Me » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:59 am

Still can't see very well. Can't see my immediate surroundings and that's very frustrating. I'm getting comments from friends. "Oh, it will get better, most people love it!!"

when. When will it get better? I have been able to see with glasses and contacts since the age of 6. Now...at my mid 50's...I can't see.

sometimes I feel like I shouldn't complain, then other times, I just need to vent. I can't see in the store to shop. That is very frustrating.

:twisted:

I wish I would have never done this lasik surgery.
BIG MISTAKE

Hah. Just found this in a website. I could only WISH for this to happen. Try NO improvement. dramatic improvement. Right.
------------------------------------
Do not be disappointed if you experience a dramatic improvement in your vision within the first 24 hours and then have a more modest improvement each day for the following several weeks.
It's Just Me

Return to Just Had It