Hi, new here, just has iLasik done on 1/9/09

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Hi, new here, just has iLasik done on 1/9/09

Postby cgt465 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:20 pm

I was wondering what I should expect as far as recovery. The procedure went well, and on the follow up (next day), my vision was 20/20 in my right eye and 20/25 in my left. I am noticing some blurry vision (almost perpetually), but I think I can attribute that to the Pred Forte and or Zymar I am on.
So, like most patients, I am wondering, can I expect my vision in my left eye to improve to balance the right, or is it a lock to be 20/25. Also, I drove for the first time at night last night and had minimal halos, and really no other mentioned side effects.
I appreciate all the advice on this site, and so far I am very pleased with the results. Also, I work as a computer tech, mostly I use LCD monitors, should I limit the amount of time I stay on the computer (or should I let my eyes 'tell' me)
FYI, I am 43 years old, been wearing corrective visionware in one fashion or another since 1979, so I also think there may be a learning curve to see 'normally' again.
Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions.
cgt465

Postby cgt465 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Wow, I was hoping for some reply, some info, but this place seems to be lifeless.
cgt465

Postby Mark20 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm scheduled for the beginning of April but from what my doctors, friends and others have told me the info in the following discussion holds true.

http://www.usaeyes.org/ask-lasik-expert/viewtopic.php?t=2018

You can't forget as quick as these procedures are, they are still surgery and you have to heal.
Mark20

Postby MN4455 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:12 am

From what I understand the healing process can certaintly vary between individuals. I've heard certain symptoms such as dry eye and night vision symptoms can persist for over six months for a minority of people while others have had them clear up within a month or less. I just had my surgery on 01/10/2009 (Custom Intralase) and feel like I am definitely back to normal with perfectly clear vision. Occasionally, my eyes feel a little dry but that is about it. Whatever minor halos were there are almost nonexistent at this point. The only time I experienced blurriness and fluctuating vision was the first day or two after the surgery. I think time is definitely on your side being that it's very early in the healing process.
MN4455

Update: 1/26/09

Postby cgt465 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Vision is improving daily, however, I notice at night my eyes dry out more rapidly, but that only makes sense. I did do something INCREDIBLY stupid last saturday, I rubbed the hell out of my eyes for about 5 - 10 seconds before I realized what I was doing.
My right eye got very, very blurry and I was afraid I damaged the flap, but all is well.
I think the main thing I would tell people who are considering Lasik, is that IT IS SURGERY, and your body needs to recover from it like every other surgery. I go in for my 3 week checkup on friday, and I assume my left eye will probably need an adjustment it's 20/25 vs my right eye being 20/20, and it's a little disorienting, especially driving at night.
Thanks again one and all, I am sorry if I came across as rude, I was only scared.
And I would definitely do this again if I were given the choice.
cgt465

Postby It's Just Me » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:07 am

well, it's been 2 weeks, 3 days for me and I still can't see past my nose more than 2 feet. I guess I'm a reeeeaaaaallly slow healer. Which doesn't make sense, I'm healthy as a horse *shrug* I am totally frustrated and wish I would have never had lasik done. Hope you do better than I am doing.
It's Just Me

Return to Just Had It