CustomLasik on Jan 15 2009

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

CustomLasik on Jan 15 2009

Postby mikethefearless » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:02 am

Hi All

I just had CustomLASIK on Jan 15,2009. I was -4 on my left and -3.25 on my right before surgery. I really didn't feel any pain during or after the surgery except the dryness. On my day one post-op the technician informed that I had inflammation on my left eye. Even though I was seeing 20/20, they mentioned that I had 1.00 on my left and 0.5 on my right. Its been 4 days now and I still feel very uncomfortable reading on Computer. Also, I feel that there is some haze looking from my left eye.
I also see severe halos during night time.
Can somebody comment ?

Mike
mikethefearless

Postby It's Just Me » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:15 am

Same date as mine.

I was corrected for my monovision contacts -1.25 left eye -2.00 for right.

I still can't see anything clearly past 2 feet in front of me, maybe even less.

i hope you have better luck than I have had.

I was told that it could take a long time to heal. And, to rest my eyes. I can only take so many naps a day. You probably shouldn't be doing computer work...but...if you're like me, you're looking for answers. Best wishes to you
It's Just Me

Postby mikethefearless » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Hi All

Its been 10 days now. To be frank, I am feeling much better than last week.

The halos and starbusts are still there but I can still drive comfortably. So, I am not worried about this.

The real thing that is annoying me is Computer reading. I am a 27 year old Software Engineer and spend around 14 hrs of the day working on the Computer.

Any comments..

Thanks
Mike
mikethefearless

Postby It's Just Me » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:01 pm

You can see? I'm jealous. I'm still blurry after 2 weeks.

And..wondering when I'll be able to see again.

Glad you're doing ok. I had monivision so I can see up close. At least I have that.
It's Just Me

Postby mikethefearless » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:30 am

Give it some time. Everything will be alright.

I freaked out for the first few days that I can't read the computer. Now, I am doing perfectly okay. The halos are gone but still have the starbusts.

Thanks
Mike
mikethefearless

Postby It's Just Me » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:04 am

Some time.

It's been 2 weeks and 3 days.

More time? when I can't see in my house, or even see to drive or shop?

Good thing I don't have a job! *rolls my eyes* I'd be fired.

so..your vision is good? Glad you're doing ok. For me, I wish I was "putting up with" glasses and contacts still. At least I would be able to see to do things and function. I truly think something is wrong with how they corrected me. It's like they didn't even do anything in my left eye.
It's Just Me

Return to Just Had It