just had laser eye 5 days ago and worried...

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby joeyl » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:17 pm

i tried using the ointments and celluvice but it feel likes its really thick...how do you avoid the thickness and your eyes being so "sticky" and blurry/
joeyl

Postby -RanZ- » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:21 pm

I only use genteal gel when I go to bed, it is too thick to use during the day. The celluvisc stuff I only use when I can relax my eyes for like 5 minutes because it is kind of uncomfortable until it it gets spread around in your eye. I like the systane drops myself, they are much smoother and feels like they moisturize my eyes better.
-RanZ-

Postby It's Just Me » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:25 pm

joeyl wrote:i tried using the ointments and celluvice but it feel likes its really thick...how do you avoid the thickness and your eyes being so "sticky" and blurry/

I only use Celluvic once or twice a day. I do it when I feel I want to give my eyes a little more bit than just the regular Refresh stuff. I make sure I'm not doing anything much when I do it, and just sit down and let my eyes rest. I take a towel and blot (not rub)under my eyes a bit, because I can't stand the liquid under my eye. The rest of the time I use Refresh individual packs...they said preservative free is best. I am using them a lot because I feel it helps my eyes heal. Its only been one month since I had it done, and still am healing I think.
It's Just Me

Re: Been There

Postby It's Just Me » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:28 pm

That is what happened to me! I was quite terrified the first few days...thinking I was going to be blurry the rest of my life, then thought about the part where they said glasses and contacts wouldn't help this...It can be quite terrifying!
jayemright wrote:Hello,
Your experience sounds pretty similar to mine, and pretty similar to most I have read on this and other forums. I am one month post op and am just beginning to see a reduction in halos and starbursts. There is still a long way to go, but everything I have read says it can take 3, even 6 months to subside. It is a bit disconcerting, though, because people considering LASIK are left with the impression that these are rare complications, so when you have them you think " oh crap, I'm in that 2% that get complications" when the reality is that MOST people have this. It sounds like such a minor procedure that you can be up living your normal life in a day or two. Not the case for the majority of people. The good news is, that when all is said and done, these symptoms are supposed to go away. At least that's what I hear (and am beginning to see) Sure does get a bit scary, though, doesn't it? Good luck-I am confident things will improve with time.
It's Just Me

Postby It's Just Me » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:31 pm

I will tell you what a friend of mine told me...." your eyes just got lasered! Burned...lasered...they will take a while to heal" :D Give it a month..or three. My eyes are finally coming around, and I was SURE I had made the biggest mistake of my life even just one week ago. hang in there!
joeyl wrote:yah, but its hard to believe that when things are getting better but just staying the same everyday...

well its day 8 and i went to the doctors this morning, i actually slept in and was 30 minutes late but they didnt mind luckily.
i wasnt too excited because i know what the doctor was going to say about everyone. unfortunately i believe all doctors say the same thing...

i walked to the doctors office, and she started to test my eyes...i could see the 20/20 line but it was feint and blurry...she told me both my eyes are 20/20 but i told her about my condition

and then the stuff i knew she was going to say
she said "all of this is normal, your eyes are healing, give it about 1 month, its because your cornea is still swollen, everything is coming along fine and of course give it another month"

these are all the same thing everyone else was told too and it ended up with everyone having these problems for so long...
im still hoping that things will get better, hope with everything i got...

my eyes still see halos starbusts, glare, high contrast and a little ghosting on the right eye.

dryness level is around 5.5-6.0 still because of when i was on the computer or watching a movie.

thats about it for today...

-day 8
-joey l
:wink: :wink: :wink:
It's Just Me

Postby It's Just Me » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Joey, you're doing the same thing I am. LOL Closing one eye and seeing if things are ANY clearer than the day before *grin*
I constantly am comparing. It IS getting better. At least the room I am in is very clear to me...a few days ago, it was blurry and I was borderline hopeless to ever seeing again clearly. It will get better. Rest your eyes as well.
It's Just Me

Postby Indept » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:01 am

RanZ
does the gel leave a film or does it disperse quickly?

Joeyl,
I've read that the staerbursting & haze does diminish after a couple of months but as a former RK patient (had it done over 25 years ago) I still have starburst from the scars a night around headlights and streetlights & it really doesn't bother me so if a little remains but otherwise your vision is good then I'd say your pretty lucky, but hopefully all of it will clear.
Indept

Postby -RanZ- » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:19 am

the genteal gel leaves a film so I recommend it only before you go to bed.
-RanZ-

Previous

Return to Just Had It