what are the rules about television and games after lasik?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

what are the rules about television and games after lasik?

Postby joeyl » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:25 am

my friends are telling me that i shouldnt do any of it or limit myself for 1 month...

is it true television and video games can cause alterations in your eyes during the healing process?

because its the only thing i can do these couple of weeks...

please let me know thanks.
joeyl

Postby It's Just Me » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:35 am

It is boring, isn't it?

I limited it a lot because I didn't want to hinder my healing. Even now, I try to limit.
It's Just Me

Postby -RanZ- » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:02 pm

I wasn't told any restrictions except don't watch tv/computer for the first day. I am a network admin and look at a computer all day long so I hope it doesn't affect healing!
-RanZ-

Postby joeyl » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:45 am

hmm well if thats okay...
i guess my next question would be

are we able to do stuff like watch a movie in a theatre or work in low light conditions in front of a monitor...

i usually watch television and use the computer with a table lamp on..therefore my room doesnt exactly light up very well...

will that cause alterations in healing?
i heard from people that it can cause astigmatism to go worse.
joeyl

Postby Indept » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:13 am

My parents used to tell me other things would make me go blind.
Sorry, I couldn't resist
But seriously, since my PRK on Feb 12 I've watched tv (I have a 50 in plasma & sit about 8 feet from it) and use a computer at work being in front of it for about 4 or more hours / day and my eye (only doing 1 at a time) seems to be doing just fine. Just keep it hydrated, using drops when they feel dry & tired and take breaks often, that's what I do.
Indept

Return to Just Had It