What is an Evaluation like?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Postby Susan Diaz » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:05 pm

One test can't make things clear, my uncle had to go for evaluation for 2 years than only he was approved. Generally three to four test is needed to take the final decision. One more thing one is ask not to use lens for at least a week before going for any test to get the correct results.
Susan Diaz

Postby eclipse » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:46 pm

I just had a consultation and had just a few test performed, based on those test they believed I am a good canidate for ilasik and so now I have to wear glasses for 3 weeks (I wore toric contact lens) so that I can have a another exam with more equipment which will confirm my elgibilty for ilasik and pretty much map my eyes for the procedure.
eclipse

Re: What is an Evaluation like?

Postby ebobeye » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Looking through the posts on this forum, firstly I would like to reiterate some of the comments made about bad lasik experiences. The percentage of people who are dissatisfied is actually quite minimal compared with the percentage of people who are happy. It’s just that, those who want to complain, join such forums and share their experiences, and that’s fair enough. But, if you are considering laser eye surgery the best advice, is to do your research.

As far as the contact lenses comment goes, I’m pretty sure that usually people are asked to remove their lenses for two weeks; it may depend on the type of contact lenses worn. For lots of advice on this matter and about laser eye surgery visit http://www.youreyeguide.co.uk and feel prepared and informed before you see an eye doctor.

Do your research at : http://www.youreyeguide.co.uk

bob
ebobeye

Previous

Return to Thinking About It