Like Free Money
Think of it as a Lasik Groupon that you don't need to pay to get! The nonprofit USAEyes is providing $1,500 toward Lasik for select individuals. The funds are a grant, not a loan. The recipient is not required to repay the funds. The money is applied to the first $1,500 of charges for services related to Lasik, including exams and testing.
Some grant recipients will be asked to complete the USAEyes Competence Opinion Relative to Expectation (CORE) patient survey after their Lasik recovery. Funds apply only to procedures required for bilateral blade-free all-Laser wavefront Lasik including evaluative tests and exams. A recipient who starts the process and is later determined to not be an appropriate surgery candidate, or elects to not have Lasik, will not be required to repay the portion of the grant already applied. Not all applicants will receive the grant. USAEyes is the final arbiter of who is provided grant funds. The offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notification.
To Qualify for USAEyes Lasik Grant Funds
- No previous eye surgery.
- Age 20 through 40.
- Myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted) only.
- No more than 6.00 diopters myopia.
- No more than 1.50 diopters regular corneal astigmatism.
- Reside within 30 miles of a participating facility.
- Must schedule initial exam within 30 days of issuance of grant.
- Must receiive Lasik surgery within 90 days of initial exam.
- Grant funds are valid only for procedures necessary for bilateral all-laser wavefront Lasik.
- Funds apply to provider's Usual, Customary and Reasonable (UCR) fees.
- Grant funds apply to the first generated fees, up to the total amount of the grant.
- May not be combined with any other discount, contracted rate, waiver, or offer.
- Grant has no cash value.
- Not transferable; no part of the grant may not be sold or exchanged to another party.
- Recipient is responsible for all fees that exceed the grant funds.
- Recipient is resonsible for financing charges for fees that exceed the grant funds (if any).
- Participating Lasik surgeon will determine suitability for surgery.
- Grant is valid only for services provided by a USAEyes approved Lasik surgeon participating in the Lasik grant program. Comanaging providers will be reimbursed outside of the grant.
If you believe you may qualify for the USAEyes Lasik grant funds, complete the application above. Name, zip code, email address, and telephone number are required. The applicant will be telephoned by USAEyes staff.
Looking For Best Lasik Surgeon?
If you are ready to choose a doctor to be evaluated for conventional
or custom wavefront Lasik, Bladeless Lasik, PRK, or any refractive surgery procedure, we recommend you consider a doctor who has been evaluated and certified by the USAEyes nonprofit organization.
Locate a USAEyes Evaluated & Certified Lasik Doctor.
If this article did not fully answer your questions, use our
free Ask Lasik Expert patient forum.