It is the question on the mind of anyone considering
Lasik or any Lasik alternative; "What are my likely Lasik results?"
Answers may be found in the results of the USAEyes Competence
Opinion Relative to Expectation (CORE) patient survey.
The USAEyes CORE patient survey is our organization's
primary tool for the evaluation of surgeons who seek patient outcome
certification. We send the USAEyes CORE survey to a Lasik
patients and compare the responses to the doctor's peers. If the
patient responses are within the 90th percentile, the doctor's patient
results are eligible for certification by our organization. See
Lasik doctor certification
Preliminary results of the
USAEyes CORE Lasik patient survery at the US Food & Drug
Administration (FDA) Ophthalmic Devices Panel (ODP), which was
considering quality of life issues after Lasik.
- 99% report quality of life as expected, better, or much
- 98% day vision as expected, better, or much better
- 98% no complications or issues are seldom problematic
- 98% would recommend surgery to family and friends.
- 97% would have surgery again, knowing what they know now
- 96% wear corrective lenses as often as expected, less, or
much less than expected
- 96% report postop vision without lenses as expected, better,
or much better than expected when compared to preop vision with lenses
- 96% report overall quality of vision as expected, better,
or much better than expected
- 91% no complications at any time
- 91% night vision as expected, better, or much better
- 7% complications seldom problematic
– yet 91% of these same patients would have surgery again
- 2% complications frequent or always problematic
– yet 22% of f these same patients would have surgery again
The previous are detailed results of the USAEyes CORE
patient survey for patients who stated they had laser vision correction,
including all laser vision correction techniques (conventional or
wavefront custom Lasik,
Epi-Lasik), stated they had no prior surgery, and stated they
are at least six months postop or greater.
USAEyes CORE laser vision correction patient survey sample.
For additional Lasik results details including charts of individual
adverse event reprots, please see page